I have got my fingers crossed for the Reiki Community while The Australian Government is reviewing private health insurance rebates for natural therapies this year. Reiki has not received rebates since 2008, but Reiki Australia submitted a review, which will be taken into account once the evidence base has been examined.
The review stated that Reiki:-
- Decreases stress hormones
- Improves immune indicators
- Decreases heart rate
- Improves blood pressure
- Reduces anxiety and pain
- Supports medical intervention
- Is increasingly being used in hospices, hospitals and cancer support units
- Is being accessed more by the public in complimentary health clinics
I will let you know if Reiki Australia’s review is accepted or not, it would be great news to hear a positive answer from the Government for practitioners and their clients alike.