I provide a safe, non-judgemental, accepting space for clients to emotionally regulate and bring issues from the sub-conscious to the conscious. My solution-focused, holistic, therapeutic style of counselling assists people with a wide range of issues such as relationships, career, stress, depression, anxiety, addictions, trauma, finding purpose and life direction.
To suit the individual needs of clients, I use an array of therapeutic modalities, which I finetune to match each client’s unique life story and needs. I apply a person-centred approach, integrating techniques such as Gestalt, Narrative Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, CBT and Emotion Focused Therapy. I am a qualified Gottman Relationship Therapist and can manage communication conflicts, deepen friendships and partnerships. I work with love languages, attachment theories and communication styles.
I use hypnotherapy, EFT (tapping) and Reiki to create a calm and relaxed state. My holistic coaching style empowers and navigates clients into a balanced state of mind, body and spirit. I have found this to be the foundation of my work and the elixir to living a meaningful, abundant and healthy life, that cultivates a deep connection and aliveness. I believe the body has wisdom and can heal itself. This is rooted in my training in yoga philosophy and breathwork, self-observing, self-regulating and cultivating a higher consciousness of wellbeing as a physical, psychological, emotional, social and spiritual condition. My techniques release anxiety, dissociation and disconnection by calming the emotions.
My holistic approach to wellbeing:
* Treats the whole person: Holistic therapy considers all aspects of an individual, physical, emotional, mental and spiritual, addressing the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms only.
* Focuses on prevention: Holistic therapy emphasizes prevention, encouraging individuals to adopt a healthy lifestyle, including proper diet, exercise, and stress management techniques, rather than relying on medications only.
* Encourages client empowerment: Holistic therapy empowers individuals to take responsibility for their own health and well-being by teaching self-care practices that can be integrated into their daily lives.
* Promotes natural healing: Holistic therapy uses natural approaches to healing, such as acupressure points , EFT (tapping), energy healing work such as Reiki, and natural remedies, that complement conventional medicine.
* Reduces stress and promotes relaxation: Holistic therapy incorporates relaxation techniques such as meditation, deep breathing, and may suggest yoga, qigong, tai chi to reduce stress and promote relaxation, resulting in improved mental and emotional well-being.
* Improves quality of life: Holistic therapy aims to improve overall quality of life by addressing not just the physical symptoms but also emotional and mental well-being, resulting in a more balanced and fulfilling life.
* Reconnects individuals with their inner resources. This can be achieved by addressing negative and limiting mindset, self talk, beliefs, and perception of self. Individuals begin to experience a change in perception – how they view themselves, how they view the world and assign new meaning to challenges they face.
If you are at a crossroads in your life, want to grow, address your emotional wounds or just need someone to simplify your confusion, a consultation with me can bring you peace and personal resolve.
*I am an approved Counsellor with VOCAT and NDIS. If you have funding with either either of these organisations, rebates are available.